Changed 01 May 2020, 00:18 IST
LeBron James did not buy the rumor that the NBA could be forced to cancel its 2019-20 season due to a coronavirus epidemic.
The NBA was suspended indefinitely in March, and in a post on Twitter on Thursday, Los Angeles Lakers superstar James appeared to reprimand a CNBC story.
The report cites concerns from anonymous agents and team executives about the financial feasibility of a return this season, especially without courtyard fans.
James posted: “Have you seen any reports of executors and agents seeking to cancel the season ??? This is absolutely not true I don’t know anyone [is] Saying something like that.
“We want to finish our season as soon as it’s safe. I’m ready and our team is ready Nob so no one cancels anything.”
Have you seen any reports of executors and agents wanting to cancel the season ??? This is not entirely true. I don’t know how to say that. We want to end our season as soon as it is safe. I am ready and our team is ready. No one should cancel anything.
– LeBron James (KingsJames) April 30, 2020
Speculation about the possible end of the NBA season could not be imagined, even seven weeks after the league left indefinitely due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr told the San Francisco Chronicle earlier this week that his team was taking the regular season off without a play-off controversy.
The league office has not yet made such an announcement, and an NBA spokesman has confirmed that the campaign remains on the agenda.
“While our top priority is the health and well-being of all, we continue to evaluate all options for ending this season,” they said. “At the same time, we are focused on addressing the potential impact of COVID-19 in the 2020-21 season.”
James Lakers had the best record in the Western Conference at 49-14 after being sacked by the NBA.
Four-time MVP James, 35, is looking for his fourth championship.