Retrieved 18 May 2020, 17:32 IST
Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) is awaiting confirmation that India and Bangladesh will agree to tour in a limited overs series in July.
The SLC invited India to play three ODIs and more T20 internationals as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) considered the tour for the first time since the cornovirus epidemic stopped a large part of the sport.
Ashley de Silva, chief executive of SLC, said there was no official word on whether the offer would be accepted by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) or the BCB.
“We have made inquiries from both the India and Bangladesh boards and are awaiting answers from them,” he told ESPNcricinfo.
“So far, that series hasn’t been postponed.”
The BCCI on Sunday said that the contracted players would not be sent back to training camps after the government pushed the government to resume the sport.
A statement from the BCCI said: “The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Sunday took note of the guidelines issued by the Home Ministry for the conservation of COVID-19 across the country.
“Considering the restrictions on air travel and movement of people till May 31, the BCCI will wait even longer before organizing skill-based training camps for contract players.
“The Board reiterates that the safety and well-being of its athletes and support staff is paramount and will not impede or hamper India’s efforts to prevent the spread of the virus.”
Only 981 Kavid-19 cases have been found in Sri Lanka, of which nine have died.