Modified April 22, 2020, 00:18 IST
UNFC is reported to be on the return schedule for the May 9th major COVID-19 outbreak. And Dana White and Co. for its promotional return event. One of the most decorated cards of all time is lined up, which primarily rules out UFC Women Featherweight and Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes.
However, ‘The Lion’ is there now Pull out As for the card on May 9, the UFC ‘champ-champ’ prefers to fight the right coronavirus wave afterwards and in the right circumstances.
With everything said and done, Nunes‘The decision currently leaves Felicia Spencer to return to the octagon without an opponent.
Felicia Spencer commented on the defeat of Amanda Nunes
Before the UFC’s temporary shutdown, Felicia Spencer had to challenge Amanda Nunes for the UFC Women’s Featherweight Championship at the UFC 250 per-view which took place in Brazil.
With Spencer seemingly leaving without an opponent, ‘Feenham’ has now commented on the champion’s withdrawal and said he was disappointed with the latter’s decision and had been preparing for a fight for weeks.
“I’m definitely disappointed because when you get a date you work to get it ready. In my head, I was preparing for a fight in three weeks. We jumped through hoops to get ready, doing our own thing. I was ready to end the fight and move on my way. What was disappointing was that it would be extended. It didn’t even expand to the point where I could just relax, it’s just a couple of weeks like every other month. Maybe I’m six weeks out, maybe I’m seven weeks out, it’s not too far off that I can pull back. This is going to be an extended camp. I will train for this fight for 11 weeks now “” – Spencer said BJPenn.com.
Will UFC re-book Spencer vs. Nunes?
Amanda Nunes has already proven herself to be a fighting champion and we can very well hope that ‘The Lions’ will return to Octagon when everything goes back to normal and the UFC is ready to run the show as usual.