Retrieved 20 May 2020, 04:12 IST
One player is among three to test positive for coronavirus at Premier League club Watford.
Hornets confirmed on Tuesday that all three would now isolate themselves for seven days in compliance with competitive protocols before re-testing.
“The Watford Football Club has confirmed that three people have tested positive for the COVD-19 virus in the last 48 hours on the training ground,” the club said.
“Of these three positive tests, one was a player and two were staff members. All three said medical privacy must be respected and therefore the club would not announce the names of those involved.
“All three will now be separated for seven days – in line with the protocol in the Premier League guidelines – before re-testing at a later date.
“Strict adherence to Premier League guidelines has ensured a safe environment for the field to remain virus-free and for players to continue working.”
Of the 7,448 tests conducted on Premier League players and staff throughout Sunday and Monday, the Cavid-19 had six positive results.
Burnley assistant manager Ian Wan has been named as a positive one. Clearts said he was sensitive and self-contained according to the rules.
Watford captain Troy Denny has previously spoken out against plans to bring back the 2012-20 campaign, saying the Premier League has been suspended since March.
Teams have been allowed to resume training without contact this week with the aim of returning to matches next month as part of a ‘project resumption’.
However, Danny insisted that he was not prepared to take the risk of becoming infected in training and then spread it to his family, especially among those concerned that black, Asian and minority ethnic groups are infected with the virus.
He told Eddie Horn and Tony Bellew on the talk show YouTube: “It only takes one person to get infected in the group and I don’t want to bring that home.
“My son is only five months old, he had trouble breathing, so I don’t want to come home to put him in more danger.”